RSS

Three Mistakes To Avoid Job Search



Is your job going nowhere?

You can blame the economy or the rental crisis. You will have plenty of company if you do.

Or ... You can search for yourself. Are you secretly sabotaged the search for a job?

You may have.

Let me tell you the story of "Tommy" (not her real name) who has managed to do almost everything wrong in her job search. Learn from three of his career killing mistakes that can rob you pay and the satisfaction you deserve!

Tommy called me three weeks ago, I wondered if I could help you write a resume. He said he wanted a job in pharmaceutical sales because his aunt and a cousin made good money on it, heard it was an interesting job.

But he said nothing, really want to do this work. When I asked, he replied: "Everyone says I should give it a shot in pharmaceutical sales."

Lesson # 1: Find a job you want to do.

Tommy himself is the implementation of poverty through the implementation of a work based on the "help" advice from others.

If you are not passionately committed to the job you want, you can not proceed with sufficient enthusiasm to succeed in the long term.

Tommy wanted a new resume to apply for jobs, he had seen on the Internet. When I asked if he was also the network for a job, he replied: "Networks How do you do?"

Lesson # 2: The best jobs are never advertised in the classified ads or online. They are full of buzz - people talking to other people.

Tell everyone you know the job you're after. Then they have this magic question: "Who else do you know that I should speak" This could double or triple the size of the network from day to day. Try it!

After laying on my e-mail and promised to send her resume to me in the afternoon for the examination, he hung up.

Six days later, his curriculum vitae by e-mail arrived. I sent a reply and thought I would hear from him within a day or two.

Another week passed.

Yesterday, Tommy called again and left a rambling message on my answering machine, asking almost the same questions we asked the first debate two weeks ago.

Lesson # 3: Take action in your job search. Now.

Tommy wasted two weeks e-mail and call me vague questions that we could solve in five minutes. If so, as he continues in his next job ... He has a long and painful struggle.

You can narrow the search for a job, learning what does not. This will help to continue the work that you really want to reveal the hidden job market, networking, and to act - now.

Post a Comment